Featuring laser-etched maple that’s finished to resemble carbon fiber, the Majesty guitar boasts a super-lightweight body with unparalelled fret access, DiMarzio voicing and a rosewood fretboard with the Majesty logo (for Dream Theater’s original moniker) above the first fret. Music Man’s Majesty guitar was a hot topic leading up to the 2014 NAMM Show.
Two years in the making, the guitar also features the Game Changer pickup switching system, which allows you to put pickup coils in series, parallel, in or out of phase without rewiring the guitar. The system gives you access to an extensive library of tones, over 250,000 possible combinations in total.
By default, the Game Changer is set to just be a switch that you can easily activate if you choose. True to form, the audio signal is never digitized or modeled in any way, providing a transparent analog signal path for the absolute purist. In conjunction with The Game Changer website, you can create, save, and share your tonal selections with the world. Includes case.
- Super-lightweight body with unparalelled fret access
- Game Changer pickup switching system
- DiMarzio voicing
- Rosewood fretboard with Majesty inlay above the first fret
- Neck measurements: 12″ wide, 1-3/4″ thick, 37″ long (30.4 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 94.0 cm long)
- Weight: 6 lbs, 12 oz (3.06 kg) – varies slightly
- Wood: Basswood with maple top and mahogany through neck
- Color: Matte, Polar Noir, Glacial Frost, Iced Crimson, Siberian Sapphire, Arctic Dream
- Bridge: Custom John Petrucci Music Man® Piezo floating tremolo, made of black pearl plated, hardened steel with stainless steel saddles.
- Scale:: 25-1/2″ (64.8 cm) 1
- Headstock: 7″ (43.2 cm) Angled & Only 5-7/8″ (14.9 cm) long
- Frets: 24 – Medium Jumbo profile, Stainless Steel 1-11/16″ (43.0 mm) at nut, 2-1/4″ Fretboard: (57.2 mm) at last fret
- Fretboard: Honduran Mahogany Ebony Custom JP Majesty Inlays Matte Color matches body
- Tuners: Schaller M6-IND locking with black pearl buttons
- Truss Rod: Adjustable – no component or string removal
- Construction: Through neck design Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Preamp: Custom Music Man® active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kohm push/push passive tone for custom 2 pickup configurations – .022µF tone capacitor
- Switches: 3-way toggle pickup selector, with custom center position configuration;
- 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector, momentary mono/stereo output knob (Piezo Volume)
- Pickups: HH – DiMarzio Illuminators; Piezo bridge pickup
- Lefty: No
- Strings: 9p-11p-16p-24w-32w-42w (RPS 9 Slinkys (#2239)
Jakub Żytecki Performance
Albert Lee Performance
Dave LaRue Performance
[Special thanks to Chris Dingman and Alexander Pierce for their fantastic video work!]